Every marriage faces challenges in the bedroom from time to time. If you feel like the passion has faded in your relationship or your sex life has become routine, you’re not alone. Here are 5 common sexual issues in marriage and some suggestions to reignite the spark:
- Lack of intimacy. Sexual intimacy requires constant nurturing. Make time to connect with your spouse in and out of the bedroom. Give each other affection, compliments and really listen when they speak. Flirt and tease to build up sexual tension. Physical intimacy outside of sex, like back rubs, holding hands and kissing, releases oxytocin to increase attraction and arousal. Using a vibrator or couples’ sex toy can also help release tension and increase pleasure.
- Underlying resentment. Unresolved issues or resentments in the relationship can spill over into the bedroom. Address communication breakdowns, past hurts and arguments. Forgive your spouse for any perceived wrongdoings. Seek marriage counseling if needed to work through major grievances. Letting go of resentment will allow you both to be vulnerable and intimate again.
- Lack of arousal. For many women, arousal starts outside the bedroom with emotional connection and mental stimulation. Take time to set the mood with a date night, loving note or massage with scented oil. Explore each other’s erogenous zones and try new sex positions that provide clitoral stimulation. Use lubricant to increase sensation. Arousal gels, eggs or clitoral suction sex toys can also heighten pleasure and make orgasms more intense.
- Premature ejaculation. If you climax too quickly during sex, focus on pleasuring your spouse first. Extend foreplay and try edging techniques to help you last longer. You can also try thick condoms or pause intervals. Over time, you will gain awareness and control to delay ejaculation. Your partner can also squeeze the base of the penis if you feel climax is imminent. Using a penis ring can also help maintain an erection for longer periods.
- Lack of attraction. Rekindle attraction by improving your appearance, flirting and engaging in novel experiences together. Exercise releases endorphins to boost your mood and rev your libido. Trying new activities together also releases dopamine, the “feel good” hormone, to spark attraction. Compliment your spouse for the qualities you first found attractive. Attraction isn’t just physical; it’s emotional and mental too. Watching erotic movies together or shopping for sexy lingerie and toys will stoke the flames of attraction in new ways.
Communication and effort are required by both partners to overcome sexual issues in marriage. With time and dedication, you can reignite the passion and strengthen your emotional and physical intimacy. Focus on the spark that first brought you together and fan those flames. A healthy sex life is vital for a fulfilling marriage in the long run. Exploring your sexuality together with the help of sex toys and accessories can lead to new adventures in the bedroom.
0 Comments for “5 Common Sexual Issues in Marriage and How to Address Them”